I started this podcast to help you improve your investments, lower your taxes, manage your risk, and grow your personal wealth.
After graduating from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado, with a Bachelors of Science in Finance, I worked at a large investment management firm in New Jersey. I then completed graduate work in Princeton New Jersey and earned a PhD from the University of Wisconsin – Madison. A few years later, I was hired at my family’s investment management firm in Orange County, CA: Financial Growth Management, Inc.
My education and experience in finance have taught me a few important things:
- The academic side of finance has made great strides in fields such as Modern Portfolio Theory and Behavioral Finance, two areas that have a lot to teach individual investors about how to navigate the financial markets.
- The academic side of finance and the retail side of finance are often not aligned. In fact, many of the “chief market strategists” that work at the largest finance corporations have a lousy record of forecasting market performance.
- Many individual investors are being given bad advice by large finance corporations who are driven by profits.
- Individual investors could really benefit from the insights gained by the academic side of finance, insights that are, at times, very simple and not overly complex.
- Most financial advisors aren’t required to put your interests first when giving you advice.
That’s why I started this podcast
To help individual investors understand important financial insights backed by solid academic research.
Through my wealth management firm, we can only work with a certain number of clients—there are only so many hours in the day.
I want to bring the same rigorous, academic approach to investing that we use with our clients to more people.
I invite you to listen to a few episodes, follow this podcast on Twitter, connect with me on Twitter at @jasonmicheliphd or LinkedIn at Jason T. Micheli, PhD, and if you would like to work with me, click the button below to learn more.